The Department will comprise of two (2) Divisions namely:
- Certification Division; and
- Internship and Continuing Professional Development Division
TheCertification function will entail:
- Initiate and develop training curriculum for training engineering technologist for the purposes of registration in liaison with training institutions and other stakeholders;
- Develop policies, procedures and guidelines for certification/evaluation of resources and training facilities;
- Formulate engineering technology programmes in public and private universities and other tertiary level educational institutions offering education in engineering technology for the purposes of registration of engineering technologists in liaison with stakeholders;
- Asses and recommend approval and certification of engineering programs in public and private universities and other tertiary level educational institutions offering education in engineering;
- Determine and define disciplines of engineering technologist offered in Universities, colleges and technical institutions;
- Set, review and administer professional examinations for the purposes of registration of engineering technology professionals;
- Develop guidelines and criteria for evaluating other engineering technology programmes both local and foreign for recognition by the Board;
- Monitor and evaluate engineering technology programmes; and
- Establish a monitoring and evaluation framework for accrediting engineering technology programs in training institutions.
Internship and Continuous Professional Development Division
The Division will be responsible for planning and coordinating internship, continuing professional developmentand other trainings for engineering technology students and graduates for the purpose of registration and professional development.
Internship and Continuous Professional Development function entails:
- Develop and review internship and continuous professional development and policy guidelines, standards and manuals in liaison with other Departments;
- Co-ordinate internship and professional training;
- Facilitate internship of engineering technologist students/ trainees;
- Coordinate the mounting of professional and continuous professional development programmes;
- Collaborate with engineering technology organisations, professional associations and other relevant bodies to offer continuous professional development courses and trainings according to the Engineering Technology Act 2016-part IV sect 28(2)
- Conduct professional examinations for the purposes of registration of engineering technologist;
- Update and maintain data of qualifications for engineering technology professionals; and
- Maintain a database for interns and training institutions offering internship programs.